Handmade In Keswick at Craftfest

Saturday, 30 June 2012

Batik

A Taste Of Batik

Here are a few piccies from the Batik workshop at Whinlatter
I did ages ago, run by my friend Di.  She's one of those people with a lot of energy, always lots on the go, always a lot of fun.  I'm hoping to feature her on this blog at some point soon, but I have to pin her down for that, so it may be tricky.


Batik is created by 'drawing' with hot wax and then dying the fabric so that the non waxed area picks up the colour



then repeating the process as many times as you like
This isn't Di

Di quite often does her workshops with SMALL children using the hot wax and sloshing the dye about.  She deserves a medal!


Everyone ended up with something unique.



And I got ideas for new work
Work in progress


The next Batik workshop for adults is 14 October 2012. - to book, email sally.burchall@forestry.gsi.gov.uk
or visit Visit lakeland forests


 

Weather in Keswick

STILL RAINING 

Click here for my OH, erm I mean, my dog's blog

No comments: