Handmade In Keswick at Craftfest

Wednesday, 20 June 2012

CRAFTfest summer 2012 - The results

Was It All Worth It?

CRAFTfest, the online craft show is over now until September.  The stalls will remain accessible and you should still be able to click through to buy, but the big push is over for the time being.

  What A Relief!

It was a lot of work, promoting each others stalls so I think a collective sigh of relief was breathed at midnight last Saturday.  

65,000 Achievements

Around 65,000 people visited CRAFTfest during the week 9th - 16th June, and almost 30,000 of those were visiting for the first time (so not repeat clickers) - although you could look at it another way and say that a similar amount did come back for a second look!

I think there were something like 200 stalls, so it was a BIG event.

As I said in my first CRAFTfest blog, my aims for Craftfest were that I wanted some different contacts in my network and greater exposure for Handmade In Keswick, as well as some sales on my Folksy shop and my Etsy shop. 

My stall was in the top 25 most visited stalls and both my Folksy shop and my Etsy shop are still getting visits via the stall link, even though the fest is officially over.

I don't have all the details of who sold what, but I did hear that both Ravens Stained Glass and  Personal Space Interiors
both took bulk orders for CHRISTMAS.


A load more folk are following me on Twitter, FB, and Pinterest, and there are a lot of you lovely people now reading this blog, which, I seem to remember from this post, getting seen on the internet is good for the SEO on my shops.
  

Closed - but not abandoned.


So that's it.  The stalls will stay up, so you can still look, and click through and buy - or bookmark for later. There're links to stalls on this blog post here.  Oh, and thanks again everyone for all your support.

And there's going to be two massive CRAFTfest events later in the year.  One in September, which I'm thinking will be the warm up where people get to have a good look round, ready for the BIG one in November.

I'm taking part in both.  If you fancy joining us, and generating some extra traffic to your online shop, leave me a comment and I'll point you in the right direction. 
  
Back To The Weather In Keswick 
 Mild and warm and sunny. Temp 18°C
 
https://www.facebook.com/golakes

Olympic Torch Relay, Penrith

Get Featured

 Here's how

7 comments:

lu said...

Don't forget to let me know if you're interested in taking part in either CRAFTfest, or a feature on this blog.

Sally-Ann said...

I hadn't realised CRAFTfest was an online event. Please have a look at my Etsy shop and let me know if my creations would fit in: www.etsy.com/shop/TheNavigatrix .I'm still quite a beginner, having only started in February but I'm open to opportunities :)
Wishing you Happiness, Health and all kinds of Wealth,

Sally-Ann

Spiral Fountain Jewellery said...

I do think Craftfest is worth it for the improvement in SEO. However, both times I have not sold anything in any of my online shops those particular weeks. I have had creative connections links to my shops but only a very small number...so where are those 30000 new people going!( not my shop sadly) On balance though I think I will still join in.

ArtSings1946 said...

I didn't know it was an online event either ... my brain just can't take too much info, never could. Oh, I so love the picture of where you live .. how beautiful. I really have to take some pictures of our community...even though I don't like living here it is so pretty. Just not for me though.

Happiness Always

lu said...

Hey guys, Thank you for your comments. Just goes to show I need to explain what I'm talking about a bit more.

Nicky, I'm surprised you haven't made a sale. I love your birds.

lu said...

Sally Ann
I think I missed your comment -soz.
Steampunk would go down just fine. Craftfest costs £5.00 (about $8.00)to join, which is great value for the connections alone.
Here's a link http://www.craftfest-events.com/

SelenarteDecoupage said...

Thank you Lu. I was looking for these info somewhere before....